I was preparing my segment for Nappturalite Radio on this weeks topic, confidence. And as always I blog my segments here. I began to put together tips for the keys to instant confidence. The ideas began to overflow into a series. This is part one of a series. In part one, I will deal with preparation, appearance, body and mind. These 8 tips will deliver results the moment you implement them. However, confidence should be layered. We will explore those layers in the future parts of the series.
I will began any self-developing advise with this next statement of preparation. So don’t be alarmed that it will be mentioned quite frequently.
1. Plan your day of confidence in a visualization the night before. Visualize doing things you never thought you could do; every night.
2. Be comfortable in your clothes. Don’t wear clothes or shoes that make you feel uncomfortable in anyway. You should always be able to stand, sit, bend over, walk without limping and walk to the restroom without being accompanied. You should also be able to take off your coat, jacket or blazer, and even shoes; for unexpected situations, when you are asked to remove your shoes. For example, at the airport or someone’s home. (That doesn’t afford the luxury of retaining a carpet cleaning service, if I might add.) You should never be embarrassed to remove your shoes. This means clean, hole free socks, or polished or pedicured toes and no ashy feet.
You may be surprised about effects of breathing, posture, the rhythm of your walk, the fluidity of your body movement, and even your facial expressions do in fact decrease or increase your confidence.
3. Deeper fuller breaths is healthy, and oxygenated, which makes the following free flowing, and will assist with natural grace and smooth connecting movement.
4. In your body you should practice correct posture. It is as simple as raising your head to a vertical stretch of your neck and spine, while relaxing from your shoulders and down throughout the length of your body. Imagine that your head is the most beautiful Christmas ornament, hung from the very center and top of your head.
5. I discovered that every time walked while playing an uplifting song in my mp3 player, I began to feel immortal and everything at times that once seemed impossible became highly attainable in my present thoughts. I was walking on the rhythm with grace. My body and mind were tuned to a blissful vibration. I found that walking with correct posture on a rhythm, slow or fast, even without music produced the exact same results.
6. I also discovered that when making videos for my Youtube channels, that on some takes, I did not like the way I looked. In others I found myself to be beautiful. On 98% of the videos I didn’t have on any makeup. So makeup was not the issue. It was my facial expressions that made the difference. I studied what was displeasing to me in the video takes I did not like. The result was in my most favored videos my face was relaxed and easy; even when I was animated. On the ones I didn’t like, my face was not relaxed, but tense. Relaxing the muscles of the face is the key to being camera ready and confident on camera.
Breathing, posture, walking to a rhythm, relaxing the facial muscles, and graceful movement, will create instant confidence in the body.
7. Gratitude puts you in a joyful and content place. You are most confident in the mind when you experience the combination of joy and contentment. Gratitude has elements of both.
8. Realize there is no rejection, only situations or people that are not ready for you or best for you.
(Subscribe, if you wish to be notified when the part 2 comes out.)